Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and pressing forward during speech at Boston College
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Elizabeth Smart made an appearance at Boston College last Thursday and spoke during the school's Care About Rape Education awareness week, Margaret Burdge with Boston Magazine reported.
Smart spoke about her initial thoughts after being kidnapped and how she has been able to cope.
"Smart’s story, above all, is not one of terror and trauma; it’s one of resilience and forgiveness. Throughout her talk, Smart repeated the fact that she was not going to let her life be run by this attack," Burdge wrote.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I keep...
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your marriage?
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah delegation...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- The Clean Cut: Babies dress up as famous 'old...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Young Magna girl struggles to find her voice
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 73
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I... 33
- Meet the retired nurse who pays women... 18
- Disney 'princess culture' may not be... 12
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 11
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 8
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your... 7