Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and pressing forward during speech at Boston College
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Elizabeth Smart made an appearance at Boston College last Thursday and spoke during the school's Care About Rape Education awareness week, Margaret Burdge with Boston Magazine reported.
Smart spoke about her initial thoughts after being kidnapped and how she has been able to cope.
"Smart’s story, above all, is not one of terror and trauma; it’s one of resilience and forgiveness. Throughout her talk, Smart repeated the fact that she was not going to let her life be run by this attack," Burdge wrote.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 22
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- After 8 years with no 'true increase'... 3
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1