Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and pressing forward during speech at Boston College
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Elizabeth Smart made an appearance at Boston College last Thursday and spoke during the school's Care About Rape Education awareness week, Margaret Burdge with Boston Magazine reported.
Smart spoke about her initial thoughts after being kidnapped and how she has been able to cope.
"Smart’s story, above all, is not one of terror and trauma; it’s one of resilience and forgiveness. Throughout her talk, Smart repeated the fact that she was not going to let her life be run by this attack," Burdge wrote.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over faith;...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 23
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6