Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and pressing forward during speech at Boston College
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Elizabeth Smart made an appearance at Boston College last Thursday and spoke during the school's Care About Rape Education awareness week, Margaret Burdge with Boston Magazine reported.
Smart spoke about her initial thoughts after being kidnapped and how she has been able to cope.
"Smart’s story, above all, is not one of terror and trauma; it’s one of resilience and forgiveness. Throughout her talk, Smart repeated the fact that she was not going to let her life be run by this attack," Burdge wrote.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video parody...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 17
- 5 underrated Disney movies 13
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: We pay a price... 5
- What parents can do at home to prepare... 3
- Teens may be even more distracted... 3