Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and pressing forward during speech at Boston College
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Elizabeth Smart made an appearance at Boston College last Thursday and spoke during the school's Care About Rape Education awareness week, Margaret Burdge with Boston Magazine reported.
Smart spoke about her initial thoughts after being kidnapped and how she has been able to cope.
"Smart’s story, above all, is not one of terror and trauma; it’s one of resilience and forgiveness. Throughout her talk, Smart repeated the fact that she was not going to let her life be run by this attack," Burdge wrote.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Here’s a look at Disney’s newest...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- Motherhood Matters: How running helped me...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 4
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 4
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 3
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2
- The Clean Cut: Crocodile Hunter's... 1