Editor's note: This article originally ran on Fivecentnickel.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimated in 2013 that outstanding student loans have swelled to over $1.2 trillion. Seven in ten college seniors who graduated in 2012 had student loan debt, at an average of $29,400. Scary! It is extremely important for kids to have a good handle on personal finance before they enter college. Personal finance is now becoming a part of the K-12 curriculum in many school districts, but the best education can only come from parents and habits developed at home. So how can we raise money-smart kids?
How do you teach your kids about money?
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- 7 things you can afford that you take for...
- Laundry Love: Groups across the nation are...
- Balancing act: How does your boss feel about...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: The costs and... 4
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 2
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 2