Editor's note: This article originally ran on Fivecentnickel.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimated in 2013 that outstanding student loans have swelled to over $1.2 trillion. Seven in ten college seniors who graduated in 2012 had student loan debt, at an average of $29,400. Scary! It is extremely important for kids to have a good handle on personal finance before they enter college. Personal finance is now becoming a part of the K-12 curriculum in many school districts, but the best education can only come from parents and habits developed at home. So how can we raise money-smart kids?
How do you teach your kids about money?
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 10
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3