Editor's note: This article originally ran on Fivecentnickel.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimated in 2013 that outstanding student loans have swelled to over $1.2 trillion. Seven in ten college seniors who graduated in 2012 had student loan debt, at an average of $29,400. Scary! It is extremely important for kids to have a good handle on personal finance before they enter college. Personal finance is now becoming a part of the K-12 curriculum in many school districts, but the best education can only come from parents and habits developed at home. So how can we raise money-smart kids?
How do you teach your kids about money?
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 things to know about corporate... 30
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- It's about time the government... 11
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3