Editor's note: This article originally ran on Fivecentnickel.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimated in 2013 that outstanding student loans have swelled to over $1.2 trillion. Seven in ten college seniors who graduated in 2012 had student loan debt, at an average of $29,400. Scary! It is extremely important for kids to have a good handle on personal finance before they enter college. Personal finance is now becoming a part of the K-12 curriculum in many school districts, but the best education can only come from parents and habits developed at home. So how can we raise money-smart kids?
How do you teach your kids about money?
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- Can a cash grocery budget save you money?
- Which home improvements give the best ROI?
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 6 steps to better budgeting
- What women can do to prepare for retirement
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 8
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- What women can do to prepare for... 3
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- 5 ways to talk about money with your... 2