Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — DeseretNews.com reached new all-time heights in March.
DeseretNews.com and its associated mobile apps set a new record of 41 million combined page views last month, up from 24.9 million in March 2013. The year-to-year growth for March page views was 65 percent.
The faith and family-oriented news website also reached an unprecedented mark of 4.1 million monthly unique visitors, a significant increase of 1.5 million when compared to March 2013. For unique visitors, the year-to-year increase was 58 percent.
"The Deseret News is a strong and growing brand that appeals to an increasing number of Americans and we believe there are many more people with whom our news coverage will resonate," said Burke Olsen, general manager for DeseretNews.com.
Deseretnews.com has repeatedly scored among the top 25 newspaper websites in the nation in recent months, according to Alexa.com, a Web analytics company that tracks digital audience comparisons. Deseretnews.com is currently listed at No. 27, in between Miamiherald.com and Seattlepi.com.
"In recent years, the Deseret News has identified a gap in media coverage of issues related to faith and family," said Deseret News Editor Paul Edwards. "This digital growth reflects the Deseret News' strategy to become a source of rigorous news and fill that gap in news reporting."
Olsen said DeseretNews.com will continue to set higher goals.
"One of the things that really motivates our team is finding more ways to reach people who are looking for better ways to inform their families," he said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: tbtoone
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14