BYU golf: Keiley and Rodgers sit in 12th, Cougars in second after day two
"We didn't play very well, but we still have a chance tomorrow," BYU men's golf coach Bruce Brockbank said. "The guys really hung in there even though the score was a little sloppy, but the wind really picked up in the afternoon and made it hard. We hung in there and we were hoping to shoot a really good score today and extend the lead, but we weren't able to do that today."
The Cougars dropped to second place at 4-over-par to tie with Santa Clara. St. Mary's took over the top seed at 1-over-par, while San Diego and Pacific tied for fourth behind BYU by one stroke.
Keiley and Rodgers finished the second round of the 54-hole tournament carding an even-par 72 with four and two birdies, respectively.
Jordan Hammer tied in 29th place out of 45 players at 7-over-par with three birdies.
The Cougars return to action for the final round on Wednesday with tee times beginning at 8 a.m. PST.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 86
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 42
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12