BYU golf: Keiley and Rodgers sit in 12th, Cougars in second after day two
"We didn't play very well, but we still have a chance tomorrow," BYU men's golf coach Bruce Brockbank said. "The guys really hung in there even though the score was a little sloppy, but the wind really picked up in the afternoon and made it hard. We hung in there and we were hoping to shoot a really good score today and extend the lead, but we weren't able to do that today."
The Cougars dropped to second place at 4-over-par to tie with Santa Clara. St. Mary's took over the top seed at 1-over-par, while San Diego and Pacific tied for fourth behind BYU by one stroke.
Keiley and Rodgers finished the second round of the 54-hole tournament carding an even-par 72 with four and two birdies, respectively.
Jordan Hammer tied in 29th place out of 45 players at 7-over-par with three birdies.
The Cougars return to action for the final round on Wednesday with tee times beginning at 8 a.m. PST.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down Big 12...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- College football countdown No. 43: BYU...
- Athlete's tribute: 'Show me a legend and...
- BYU volleyball: 10 Cougars named to WCC...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32