Alexandra White tied in fifth to keep the BYU women's golf team in third place after day two of the West Coast Conference Championship on Tuesday.
The Cougars remained in third place to finish at 31-over-par, trailing behind Pepperdine (+3) by 28 strokes and Gonzaga (+16) by 15 strokes.
"We started off rough, but we fought our way for just about every hole," BYU women's golf coach Carrie Roberts said. "We battled, but we need to be better and play more consistently tomorrow."
White completed round two at 5-over-par with a total score at 3-over-par after day two. She also finished the day with one birdie.
Lea Garner tied in eighth place at 5-over-par with one birdie for the day. Her second-round score of 74 was a team low with a single birdie.
Maria Yacaman tied in 13th place at 9-over-par with four birdies on the round, while Selu Fotu tied in 21st place at 16-over-par and had a single birdie. Annie Yang finished in 24th place at 20-over-par.
Santa Clara finished at 38-over-par for fourth place, while San Francisco completed day two at 49-over-par for last place.
BYU returns to action for the final round of the WCC Championship on Wednesday with tee times beginning at 8:30 a.m. PST.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 74
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 22
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 15
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12