Alexandra White tied in fifth to keep the BYU women's golf team in third place after day two of the West Coast Conference Championship on Tuesday.
The Cougars remained in third place to finish at 31-over-par, trailing behind Pepperdine (+3) by 28 strokes and Gonzaga (+16) by 15 strokes.
"We started off rough, but we fought our way for just about every hole," BYU women's golf coach Carrie Roberts said. "We battled, but we need to be better and play more consistently tomorrow."
White completed round two at 5-over-par with a total score at 3-over-par after day two. She also finished the day with one birdie.
Lea Garner tied in eighth place at 5-over-par with one birdie for the day. Her second-round score of 74 was a team low with a single birdie.
Maria Yacaman tied in 13th place at 9-over-par with four birdies on the round, while Selu Fotu tied in 21st place at 16-over-par and had a single birdie. Annie Yang finished in 24th place at 20-over-par.
Santa Clara finished at 38-over-par for fourth place, while San Francisco completed day two at 49-over-par for last place.
BYU returns to action for the final round of the WCC Championship on Wednesday with tee times beginning at 8:30 a.m. PST.
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- NFL playoff picture: 20 Utah ties currently...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 60
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- BYU closes season with painful loss in... 17