BYU tennis: men's team concludes home slate against Gonzaga, No. 75 Portland
The BYU men’s tennis team returns home to wrap up its West Coast Conference regular season with matches against Gonzaga on Friday at 11 a.m. MDT and No. 75 Portland on Saturday at 1 p.m., at the Outdoor Tennis Courts.
“We've discussed a 'home stand' to get some momentum heading into the WCC tournament next week,” BYU head coach Brad Pearce said. “We believe we can surprise some teams in San Diego. It will help a great deal to get a boost from two home wins this weekend.”
The Cougars (8-14, 2-5 WCC) face the Bulldogs (9-11) who are 0-7 in the WCC so far and are coming off a 5-2 home loss to San Francisco last weekend. BYU holds the 2-0 advantage in all-time meetings.
The team plays its home finale against the 75th-ranked Pilots who are 12-6 with a 5-2 WCC record where they currently stand in second place behind Pepperdine and San Diego. The Cougars have never lost in the six meetings between the two teams.
BYU continues its season next week, making a run in the WCC Championships on April 23-26.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- NFL playoff picture: 20 Utah ties currently...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 60
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- BYU closes season with painful loss in... 17