Detroit Lions' new defensive coordinator excited to have Ziggy Ansah
Charlie Neibergall, AP
The Detroit Lions' new defensive coördinator Teryl Austin is thrilled to have Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah.
According to Lions Insider senior writer Tim Twentyman, Austin spoke to Lions season ticket holders Monday night about the future of the team, and his excitement of having Ansah longterm.
“I remember evaluating Ziggy and the big thing was he didn’t have much experience and doesn’t have this, but boy, he’s physically gifted,” Austin said. “What you saw towards the end of the year was a physically gifted man playing football.
“Now, if we can continue to improve the base and fundamentals and the techniques, all of the sudden you’re going to see that physically gifted man really become a good player. We’re excited."
Austin added that Ansah, who underwent offseason shoulder surgery, is expected to be fully healthy for the 2014 season.
The former BYU standout picked up eight sacks and two forced fumbles during his rookie season with Detroit.
You can read more about what Austin had to say about Ansah here.
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 111
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37