Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at BYU-Hawaii next season, others finding new homes
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
The NCAA basketball season ended last week, but for almost a dozen basketball players within the state, the silly season is just underway.
Some have already found new homes.
"It's exciting but it also was a tough decision," Berger told Henry, about the decision. "I think it will be the best thing for me, and I'll be able to benefit not only next year but for my life in general."
Berger and Stone are two of five that have opted to transfer out of USU after the Aggies’ 18-14 season ended. The pair averaged 5.9 points and 4.7 rebounds last season for USU.
Aggie forward Kyle Davis, guard Marcel Davis and center Carson Shanks also decided to leave the program last month, according to ESPN’s Jeff Goodman. Shanks transferred to North Dakota, while both Kyle Davis and Marcel Davis have yet to announce where they will transfer to.
Kyle Davis was set to be USU's top returning scorer, after averaging 9.1 points and 7.6 rebounds in 29 games played for the Aggies.
Six other players from Utah schools will find new homes next season also, most notably BYU’s Matt Carlino and Utah’s Ahmad Fields.
Carlino, who graduates from BYU in the summer, will be eligible to play next year wherever he goes. He averaged 13.7 points and 4.3 assists for the Cougars last season.
According to Goodman, Weber State forward Josh Fuller and guard Royce Williams are actively searching new homes, as well as Southern Utah University guards Chris Nsenki and Drake Thomas.
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: The night the rim got wide as a...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Morning links: Hayward becomes 'gaming...
- 3 Utah football coaches promoted in staff...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 71
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 60
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39