Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at BYU-Hawaii next season, others finding new homes
Ben Brewer, Deseret News
The NCAA basketball season ended last week, but for almost a dozen basketball players within the state, the silly season is just underway.
Some have already found new homes.
"It's exciting but it also was a tough decision," Berger told Henry, about the decision. "I think it will be the best thing for me, and I'll be able to benefit not only next year but for my life in general."
Berger and Stone are two of five that have opted to transfer out of USU after the Aggies’ 18-14 season ended. The pair averaged 5.9 points and 4.7 rebounds last season for USU.
Aggie forward Kyle Davis, guard Marcel Davis and center Carson Shanks also decided to leave the program last month, according to ESPN’s Jeff Goodman. Shanks transferred to North Dakota, while both Kyle Davis and Marcel Davis have yet to announce where they will transfer to.
Kyle Davis was set to be USU's top returning scorer, after averaging 9.1 points and 7.6 rebounds in 29 games played for the Aggies.
Six other players from Utah schools will find new homes next season also, most notably BYU’s Matt Carlino and Utah’s Ahmad Fields.
Carlino, who graduates from BYU in the summer, will be eligible to play next year wherever he goes. He averaged 13.7 points and 4.3 assists for the Cougars last season.
According to Goodman, Weber State forward Josh Fuller and guard Royce Williams are actively searching new homes, as well as Southern Utah University guards Chris Nsenki and Drake Thomas.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25