Video: Applicants interview for the 'toughest job in the world'
"The most important job is also the world's toughest job," according to the About section of the YouTube video, which was posted April 14.
The companies posted a fake job listing and conducted real interviews. The job, categorized as director of operations, included requirements and responsibilities such as experience in medicine, finance and culinary arts; scheduling; and negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Despite a heavy workload and a 135-hour workweek without breaks, the job was unpaid.
However, "the meaningful connections you make and the feeling that you get from really helping your associate are immeasurable," the interviewer said.
Interviewees were stunned to hear that the position is currently held by not just one person but billions of people: moms.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over faith;...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 23
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 17
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6