Video: Applicants interview for the 'toughest job in the world'
"The most important job is also the world's toughest job," according to the About section of the YouTube video, which was posted April 14.
The companies posted a fake job listing and conducted real interviews. The job, categorized as director of operations, included requirements and responsibilities such as experience in medicine, finance and culinary arts; scheduling; and negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Despite a heavy workload and a 135-hour workweek without breaks, the job was unpaid.
However, "the meaningful connections you make and the feeling that you get from really helping your associate are immeasurable," the interviewer said.
Interviewees were stunned to hear that the position is currently held by not just one person but billions of people: moms.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom dance to...
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of July...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 87
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 13
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Is family the... 2