Video: Applicants interview for the 'toughest job in the world'
"The most important job is also the world's toughest job," according to the About section of the YouTube video, which was posted April 14.
The companies posted a fake job listing and conducted real interviews. The job, categorized as director of operations, included requirements and responsibilities such as experience in medicine, finance and culinary arts; scheduling; and negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Despite a heavy workload and a 135-hour workweek without breaks, the job was unpaid.
However, "the meaningful connections you make and the feeling that you get from really helping your associate are immeasurable," the interviewer said.
Interviewees were stunned to hear that the position is currently held by not just one person but billions of people: moms.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- Over and out: TV flops, exits and endings in...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 7
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2