Video: Applicants interview for the 'toughest job in the world'
"The most important job is also the world's toughest job," according to the About section of the YouTube video, which was posted April 14.
The companies posted a fake job listing and conducted real interviews. The job, categorized as director of operations, included requirements and responsibilities such as experience in medicine, finance and culinary arts; scheduling; and negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Despite a heavy workload and a 135-hour workweek without breaks, the job was unpaid.
However, "the meaningful connections you make and the feeling that you get from really helping your associate are immeasurable," the interviewer said.
Interviewees were stunned to hear that the position is currently held by not just one person but billions of people: moms.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do...
- Neon Trees represent BYU, Fight the New Drug...
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout Sione...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What defenders of...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Tournaments...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Sherry Young: Steve Young and Jimmer Fredette...
- At the theater, please remember etiquette
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout... 10
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 6
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog... 5
- Sherry Young: Steve Young and Jimmer... 3
- Thousands line up to enjoy Handcart... 2
- FamilySearch celebrates the pioneer in... 1
- The Clean Cut: Parents shocked by... 1