Tom Smart, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — The Dixie National Forest encourages visitors to "know before you go" and learn about the travel conditions and opportunities available for exploration on the forest.
The Oak Grove Campground, as well as the Oak Grove Road, Forest Service Road 032, is scheduled to reopen on May 1. The road is closed for heavy maintenance. The upper road near the campground had a washout this past fall and crews are working to repair the culvert.
Additionally, forest service road crews are doing some mechanical vegetation brushing along the roadway to improve access and driving visibility. Other road repairs, drainage and road grading are being performed to improve travel and public safety on the popular road.
Additionally, the campgrounds on the Pine Valley Ranger District are planned to reopen as scheduled: Oak Grove Campground, May 1; Honey Comb Rocks Campground, May 9; Pine Valley Recreation Area, Dean Gardner loop and reservoir, May 9; Yellow Pine, Equestrian, Mitt Moody, May 16; Crack foot and Effie Beckstrand loops May 16; Ebenezer Bryce loop, May 21.
To make reservations in the Pine Valley Recreation Area, visit www.recreation.gov.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Utah STEM Action Center establishes...
- Tyler Library to reopen June 11
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9