Tom Smart, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — The Dixie National Forest encourages visitors to "know before you go" and learn about the travel conditions and opportunities available for exploration on the forest.
The Oak Grove Campground, as well as the Oak Grove Road, Forest Service Road 032, is scheduled to reopen on May 1. The road is closed for heavy maintenance. The upper road near the campground had a washout this past fall and crews are working to repair the culvert.
Additionally, forest service road crews are doing some mechanical vegetation brushing along the roadway to improve access and driving visibility. Other road repairs, drainage and road grading are being performed to improve travel and public safety on the popular road.
Additionally, the campgrounds on the Pine Valley Ranger District are planned to reopen as scheduled: Oak Grove Campground, May 1; Honey Comb Rocks Campground, May 9; Pine Valley Recreation Area, Dean Gardner loop and reservoir, May 9; Yellow Pine, Equestrian, Mitt Moody, May 16; Crack foot and Effie Beckstrand loops May 16; Ebenezer Bryce loop, May 21.
To make reservations in the Pine Valley Recreation Area, visit www.recreation.gov.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12