Tom Smart, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — The Dixie National Forest encourages visitors to "know before you go" and learn about the travel conditions and opportunities available for exploration on the forest.
The Oak Grove Campground, as well as the Oak Grove Road, Forest Service Road 032, is scheduled to reopen on May 1. The road is closed for heavy maintenance. The upper road near the campground had a washout this past fall and crews are working to repair the culvert.
Additionally, forest service road crews are doing some mechanical vegetation brushing along the roadway to improve access and driving visibility. Other road repairs, drainage and road grading are being performed to improve travel and public safety on the popular road.
Additionally, the campgrounds on the Pine Valley Ranger District are planned to reopen as scheduled: Oak Grove Campground, May 1; Honey Comb Rocks Campground, May 9; Pine Valley Recreation Area, Dean Gardner loop and reservoir, May 9; Yellow Pine, Equestrian, Mitt Moody, May 16; Crack foot and Effie Beckstrand loops May 16; Ebenezer Bryce loop, May 21.
To make reservations in the Pine Valley Recreation Area, visit www.recreation.gov.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17