Tom Smart, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — The Dixie National Forest encourages visitors to "know before you go" and learn about the travel conditions and opportunities available for exploration on the forest.
The Oak Grove Campground, as well as the Oak Grove Road, Forest Service Road 032, is scheduled to reopen on May 1. The road is closed for heavy maintenance. The upper road near the campground had a washout this past fall and crews are working to repair the culvert.
Additionally, forest service road crews are doing some mechanical vegetation brushing along the roadway to improve access and driving visibility. Other road repairs, drainage and road grading are being performed to improve travel and public safety on the popular road.
Additionally, the campgrounds on the Pine Valley Ranger District are planned to reopen as scheduled: Oak Grove Campground, May 1; Honey Comb Rocks Campground, May 9; Pine Valley Recreation Area, Dean Gardner loop and reservoir, May 9; Yellow Pine, Equestrian, Mitt Moody, May 16; Crack foot and Effie Beckstrand loops May 16; Ebenezer Bryce loop, May 21.
To make reservations in the Pine Valley Recreation Area, visit www.recreation.gov.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 28
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22
- Government regulation has become like... 20