Tom Smart, Deseret News
ST. GEORGE — The Dixie National Forest encourages visitors to "know before you go" and learn about the travel conditions and opportunities available for exploration on the forest.
The Oak Grove Campground, as well as the Oak Grove Road, Forest Service Road 032, is scheduled to reopen on May 1. The road is closed for heavy maintenance. The upper road near the campground had a washout this past fall and crews are working to repair the culvert.
Additionally, forest service road crews are doing some mechanical vegetation brushing along the roadway to improve access and driving visibility. Other road repairs, drainage and road grading are being performed to improve travel and public safety on the popular road.
Additionally, the campgrounds on the Pine Valley Ranger District are planned to reopen as scheduled: Oak Grove Campground, May 1; Honey Comb Rocks Campground, May 9; Pine Valley Recreation Area, Dean Gardner loop and reservoir, May 9; Yellow Pine, Equestrian, Mitt Moody, May 16; Crack foot and Effie Beckstrand loops May 16; Ebenezer Bryce loop, May 21.
To make reservations in the Pine Valley Recreation Area, visit www.recreation.gov.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13