Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad with Jazz legend (+video)
Damian Lillard's latest Adidas commercial was released Tuesday morning, a day after signing an extension with the company to make him one of the highest-paid endorsers in the NBA.
In the video, Lillard is hanging out in his pad on the phone, saying he doesn't end his career ring-less in a room with a couple of football and basketball greats that didn't win a title in their career (including a certain former Jazz legend).
The former Weber State standout signed a contract extension with Adidas Monday to become one of the highest-paid endorsers in the NBA.
According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst and Darren Rovell, Lillard's extension is worth $100 million, including incentives, over the next 10 years.
"Adidas has been great to me over my first two seasons," Lillard said in a release Monday, reported by ESPN. "I've had the opportunity to wear a lot of great product, help design special versions of shoes, be a part of TV commercials and travel the world with the brand. I'm excited for what the future holds for me and Adidas."
According to USA Today’s Sam Amick, Adidas head of global basketball sports marketing Chris Grancio called Lillard “one of the cornerstones of the Adidas brand.”
Lillard’s deal is reportedly the second-largest Adidas deal behind Derrick Rose’s 13-year, $185 million deal. LeBron James averages $20 million per year with Nike.
The former WSU star is in his second year with the Portland Trail Blazers, averaging 20.8 points and 5.6 assists per game this season. The Blazers are 53-28 on the season and have clinched a playoff berth.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 63
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 23
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22