Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad with Jazz legend (+video)
Damian Lillard's latest Adidas commercial was released Tuesday morning, a day after signing an extension with the company to make him one of the highest-paid endorsers in the NBA.
In the video, Lillard is hanging out in his pad on the phone, saying he doesn't end his career ring-less in a room with a couple of football and basketball greats that didn't win a title in their career (including a certain former Jazz legend).
The former Weber State standout signed a contract extension with Adidas Monday to become one of the highest-paid endorsers in the NBA.
According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst and Darren Rovell, Lillard's extension is worth $100 million, including incentives, over the next 10 years.
"Adidas has been great to me over my first two seasons," Lillard said in a release Monday, reported by ESPN. "I've had the opportunity to wear a lot of great product, help design special versions of shoes, be a part of TV commercials and travel the world with the brand. I'm excited for what the future holds for me and Adidas."
According to USA Today’s Sam Amick, Adidas head of global basketball sports marketing Chris Grancio called Lillard “one of the cornerstones of the Adidas brand.”
Lillard’s deal is reportedly the second-largest Adidas deal behind Derrick Rose’s 13-year, $185 million deal. LeBron James averages $20 million per year with Nike.
The former WSU star is in his second year with the Portland Trail Blazers, averaging 20.8 points and 5.6 assists per game this season. The Blazers are 53-28 on the season and have clinched a playoff berth.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31