SALT LAKE CITY — University of Kansas faculty member Keith Diaz Moore has been selected as the next dean of the the University of Utah's College of Architecture and Planning, university officials announced Monday.
Diaz Moore's term as dean is expected to begin Aug. 1, pending final approval by U. President David Pershing and the university's board of trustees.
"We are pleased to have Dr. Diaz Moore join the great team of architects, planners, scholars and educators that comprise our amazing college,” Ruth Watkins, senior vice president of academic affairs, said in a prepared statement. “He is energetic and inclusive in his leadership style, and the focus of his work on aging populations is an excellent fit for our community.”
Diaz Moore holds a doctorate in architecture from the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee and is a registered architect with experience in Illinois, New York and Wisconsin. While at the University of Kansas, Diaz Moore instituted a doctoral program in architecture, as well as interdisciplinary internships, study abroad programs and sustainable building efforts.
Following his approval by Pershing and the board of trustees, acting Dean Keith Bartholomew will return to his full-time faculty position.
"It is an honor and a privilege to be joining such a vibrant community, where there are faculty addressing pressing global challenges such as urbanization and sustainability, an alumni base that embraces the need for our professions to be innovative in responding to these challenges, and students with a clear passion for improving the quality of life throughout all of Utah through better design and planning,” Diaz Moore said in a prepared statement.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 30
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13