Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Snow Basin hosted its second annual 80s Splash-Down Throw-Down Pond Skimming event on Saturday and Sunday. Skiers and snowboarders donned their 80s garb and headed down the City Hill run and into a pond for the first ever spring "Pond Skim." More than 80 participants competed for the title of best style, best costume, best crash, and best "yard sale" — an even bigger crash. Jason Dyer, spokesman for the resort, said it was a good turn out and they look forward to doing it again next year.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29