A 39-year-old man shot and killed by police in Centerville
CENTERVILLE — A 39-year-old man was shot and killed in an officer-involved shooting Sunday.
Vincent John Farrand was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Centerville City Police Sgt. Zan Robinson.
Officers were called to respond to a suicidal man near 550 S. 300 East, where they were met by Farrand, who was in possession of a firearm.
Robinson said shots were fired sometime before 3:30 p.m., but it is unclear how many shots and whether it took place inside or outside. The officer has been placed on routine paid administrative leave.
"The officers are safe and the suicidal man that we were called to investigate is deceased," he said.
The Centerville Police and the Davis County Critical Incident Team were still investigating Sunday night.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17