A 39-year-old man shot and killed by police in Centerville
CENTERVILLE — A 39-year-old man was shot and killed in an officer-involved shooting Sunday.
Vincent John Farrand was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Centerville City Police Sgt. Zan Robinson.
Officers were called to respond to a suicidal man near 550 S. 300 East, where they were met by Farrand, who was in possession of a firearm.
Robinson said shots were fired sometime before 3:30 p.m., but it is unclear how many shots and whether it took place inside or outside. The officer has been placed on routine paid administrative leave.
"The officers are safe and the suicidal man that we were called to investigate is deceased," he said.
The Centerville Police and the Davis County Critical Incident Team were still investigating Sunday night.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 53
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 12