BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy says that San Diego is his No. 1 choice
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
BYU linebacker and 2014 NFL Draft prospect Kyle Van Noy told Darren Smith of The Mighty 1090 AM Radio that San Diego would be his No. 1 choice.
"I’m going to be real with you, it would be like the ideal place for me," Van Noy told Smith. "I’ve been a Chargers’ fan for a while. There’s beautiful weather, and I’ve got family there as well. So San Diego would be my No. 1 spot, even though being in this draft you’re not supposed to have favorites."
The city of San Diego should remember Van Noy's spectacular performance at the 2012 Poinsettia Bowl as he scored two touchdowns, one on a forced fumble he recovered in the end zone and the other on an interception he returned for a touchdown against San Diego State.
Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19