Teen skateboarder killed while attempting to cross Salt Lake street
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A teenage boy is dead after being hit by a truck while skateboarding Friday afternoon.
The boy was headed west on Yale Avenue and crossing 1300 East about 2 p.m. when he was hit by a northbound truck, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The boy was in a crosswalk, but police were unsure whether the crossing's flashing lights had been activated, Montoya said.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene, dispatchers confirmed.
Investigators were taking statements from several witnesses, Montoya said. Cars and pedestrians on 1300 East were diverted from the accident scene until about 7 p.m.
No information about the boy's name or age was released Friday.
— McKenzie Romero
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Living — or dying — with...
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake Olympics...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 260
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 97
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 87
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 68
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 61
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35