Teen skateboarder killed while attempting to cross Salt Lake street
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A teenage boy is dead after being hit by a truck while skateboarding Friday afternoon.
The boy was headed west on Yale Avenue and crossing 1300 East about 2 p.m. when he was hit by a northbound truck, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The boy was in a crosswalk, but police were unsure whether the crossing's flashing lights had been activated, Montoya said.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene, dispatchers confirmed.
Investigators were taking statements from several witnesses, Montoya said. Cars and pedestrians on 1300 East were diverted from the accident scene until about 7 p.m.
No information about the boy's name or age was released Friday.
— McKenzie Romero
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Undercover operation seizes $600,000 in...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 162
- Romney decision not to run again... 47
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21