Teen skateboarder killed while attempting to cross Salt Lake street
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A teenage boy is dead after being hit by a truck while skateboarding Friday afternoon.
The boy was headed west on Yale Avenue and crossing 1300 East about 2 p.m. when he was hit by a northbound truck, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The boy was in a crosswalk, but police were unsure whether the crossing's flashing lights had been activated, Montoya said.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene, dispatchers confirmed.
Investigators were taking statements from several witnesses, Montoya said. Cars and pedestrians on 1300 East were diverted from the accident scene until about 7 p.m.
No information about the boy's name or age was released Friday.
— McKenzie Romero
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Earthquake in eastern Nevada felt in St....
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Police arrest 4 suspected in 33 'pillowcase...
- Officer shoots, kills dog while responding to...
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 17
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 13