Teen skateboarder killed while attempting to cross Salt Lake street
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A teenage boy is dead after being hit by a truck while skateboarding Friday afternoon.
The boy was headed west on Yale Avenue and crossing 1300 East about 2 p.m. when he was hit by a northbound truck, said Salt Lake police detective Veronica Montoya.
The boy was in a crosswalk, but police were unsure whether the crossing's flashing lights had been activated, Montoya said.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene, dispatchers confirmed.
Investigators were taking statements from several witnesses, Montoya said. Cars and pedestrians on 1300 East were diverted from the accident scene until about 7 p.m.
No information about the boy's name or age was released Friday.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 30
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 23
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7