I have enjoyed the sports coverage in the Deseret News over the years. It is a special treat to see local high school and college athletes highlighted and to read their stories. I do, however, have a concern about the photographs of these highlighted individuals. These large posed portraits on the front page of the sports section invariably show an athlete in uniform with a solemn, serious expression that belies the enjoyment of sports participation.
Once in awhile, I would like to see an expression that says in spite of the hard work and pressure that this person is excelling at something they love! How about an enthusiastic smile, letting us know that they are having fun?
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26