I have enjoyed the sports coverage in the Deseret News over the years. It is a special treat to see local high school and college athletes highlighted and to read their stories. I do, however, have a concern about the photographs of these highlighted individuals. These large posed portraits on the front page of the sports section invariably show an athlete in uniform with a solemn, serious expression that belies the enjoyment of sports participation.
Once in awhile, I would like to see an expression that says in spite of the hard work and pressure that this person is excelling at something they love! How about an enthusiastic smile, letting us know that they are having fun?
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32