The flood of money from the superwealthy to politicians is the gravest danger to our democracy. Jefferson is now turning over in his grave.
How some members of the Supreme Court could support the Citizens United and McCutcheon decisions is proof that they are either very confused or that they think that plutocracy is to be favored over democracy. Shame on them. We should consider impeachment of these errant jurors.
We must work hard to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn these obscene decisions.
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26