The flood of money from the superwealthy to politicians is the gravest danger to our democracy. Jefferson is now turning over in his grave.
How some members of the Supreme Court could support the Citizens United and McCutcheon decisions is proof that they are either very confused or that they think that plutocracy is to be favored over democracy. Shame on them. We should consider impeachment of these errant jurors.
We must work hard to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn these obscene decisions.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25