The flood of money from the superwealthy to politicians is the gravest danger to our democracy. Jefferson is now turning over in his grave.
How some members of the Supreme Court could support the Citizens United and McCutcheon decisions is proof that they are either very confused or that they think that plutocracy is to be favored over democracy. Shame on them. We should consider impeachment of these errant jurors.
We must work hard to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn these obscene decisions.
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 76
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 41
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36