The flood of money from the superwealthy to politicians is the gravest danger to our democracy. Jefferson is now turning over in his grave.
How some members of the Supreme Court could support the Citizens United and McCutcheon decisions is proof that they are either very confused or that they think that plutocracy is to be favored over democracy. Shame on them. We should consider impeachment of these errant jurors.
We must work hard to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn these obscene decisions.
- Letter: Social judges?
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Navas & Archibald: Utah has already paid its...
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating merits of...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 71
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 50
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 31
- Letter: Social judges? 30
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 27