The flood of money from the superwealthy to politicians is the gravest danger to our democracy. Jefferson is now turning over in his grave.
How some members of the Supreme Court could support the Citizens United and McCutcheon decisions is proof that they are either very confused or that they think that plutocracy is to be favored over democracy. Shame on them. We should consider impeachment of these errant jurors.
We must work hard to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn these obscene decisions.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35