Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Guadalupe School students watch as Principal Ernie Nix kisses Babe the pig in Salt Lake City on Friday, April 11, 2014. On March 17, Nix told the students if they read at least 32,000 pages by April 11 he would kiss a pig. The kids ended up reading more than 42,000 pages. Students found sponsors who paid them at least a nickel for every page. It was part of a fundraiser to pay for a playground at the new building for the 2014-15 school year.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15