Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Guadalupe School students watch as Principal Ernie Nix kisses Babe the pig in Salt Lake City on Friday, April 11, 2014. On March 17, Nix told the students if they read at least 32,000 pages by April 11 he would kiss a pig. The kids ended up reading more than 42,000 pages. Students found sponsors who paid them at least a nickel for every page. It was part of a fundraiser to pay for a playground at the new building for the 2014-15 school year.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29