Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Guadalupe School students watch as Principal Ernie Nix kisses Babe the pig in Salt Lake City on Friday, April 11, 2014. On March 17, Nix told the students if they read at least 32,000 pages by April 11 he would kiss a pig. The kids ended up reading more than 42,000 pages. Students found sponsors who paid them at least a nickel for every page. It was part of a fundraiser to pay for a playground at the new building for the 2014-15 school year.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12