BOUNTIFUL — The Bountiful Utah Orchard Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will present “Savior of the World, Act II: His Resurrection” on Friday, April 18, at 7 p.m., and Saturday, April 19, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The performances, which are free and open to the public, will be at the Bountiful Regional Center, 835 N. 400 East, in North Salt Lake. No tickets are required.
A cast of 64 members of the stake — speaking parts and chorus members — has been rehearsing since February in preparation for the 50-minute production, which recounts through music and drama the events following Jesus Christ’s Resurrection.
Auditions were held to choose those playing such roles as Jesus Christ, his disciples, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene.
The Orchard Stake includes eight wards in Bountiful and North Salt Lake: Bridlewood, Orchard 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, Springwood and Sterling Heights.
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 54
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7