BOUNTIFUL — The Bountiful Utah Orchard Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will present “Savior of the World, Act II: His Resurrection” on Friday, April 18, at 7 p.m., and Saturday, April 19, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The performances, which are free and open to the public, will be at the Bountiful Regional Center, 835 N. 400 East, in North Salt Lake. No tickets are required.
A cast of 64 members of the stake — speaking parts and chorus members — has been rehearsing since February in preparation for the 50-minute production, which recounts through music and drama the events following Jesus Christ’s Resurrection.
Auditions were held to choose those playing such roles as Jesus Christ, his disciples, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene.
The Orchard Stake includes eight wards in Bountiful and North Salt Lake: Bridlewood, Orchard 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, Springwood and Sterling Heights.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5