The Church of Jesus of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released an update April 11 at 8 a.m. regarding missionaries serving in Ukraine.
"Due to continued unrest in the region, the church has chosen to transfer the 85 missionaries from the Ukraine Donetsk Mission to serve in other areas within Ukraine. The wellbeing of missionaries is always our first priority, and every effort is being made to keep them safe," Mormon Newsroom reported.
Donetsk is one of three eastern cities where Pro-Russian protestors are occupying administrative buildings, according to CNN.com.
Previous updates about missionaries in the area and additional information about the church in Ukraine can be found on the Mormon Newsroom website.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's tender...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 13
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1