The Church of Jesus of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released an update April 11 at 8 a.m. regarding missionaries serving in Ukraine.
"Due to continued unrest in the region, the church has chosen to transfer the 85 missionaries from the Ukraine Donetsk Mission to serve in other areas within Ukraine. The wellbeing of missionaries is always our first priority, and every effort is being made to keep them safe," Mormon Newsroom reported.
Donetsk is one of three eastern cities where Pro-Russian protestors are occupying administrative buildings, according to CNN.com.
Previous updates about missionaries in the area and additional information about the church in Ukraine can be found on the Mormon Newsroom website.
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- 18 must-see attractions on and around Temple...
- 'Amazed by Grace' by Sheri Dew explores...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 148
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 60
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Alternative rock/indie band of 5... 9