Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah football spring camp report
DAY 11: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said the biggest thing the Utes improved on in Thursday’s no-tackle practice was the screen game offensively. He said they hit on three or four of them in some of the crossover drills.
“The screens have been pretty ragged up until today,” Whittingham said.
STANDOUTS: Defensive end Nate Orchard drew praise from Whittingham. He said the senior was “exceptionally effective” in his pass rush.
NEXT UP: The Utes will scrimmage Saturday from 10 a.m.-noon at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Whittingham said it will be the last extensive live work with really no-holds barred before the end of camp. They hope to get everything in the scheme hopefully on film.
— Dirk Facer
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33