Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Utah football spring camp report
DAY 11: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said the biggest thing the Utes improved on in Thursday’s no-tackle practice was the screen game offensively. He said they hit on three or four of them in some of the crossover drills.
“The screens have been pretty ragged up until today,” Whittingham said.
STANDOUTS: Defensive end Nate Orchard drew praise from Whittingham. He said the senior was “exceptionally effective” in his pass rush.
NEXT UP: The Utes will scrimmage Saturday from 10 a.m.-noon at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Whittingham said it will be the last extensive live work with really no-holds barred before the end of camp. They hope to get everything in the scheme hopefully on film.
— Dirk Facer
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21