Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy jumps onto Mel Kiper's latest 'big board'
Michael Conroy, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The NFL draft is less than a month away, and former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy’s stock continues to increase.
ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper bumped the ex-Cougar into his draft big board Thursday as the 25th-best overall prospect.
“Kyle Van Noy jumps onto the Big Board this week because he’s a player I simply didn’t have graded high enough,” Kiper wrote in his weekly draft update. “He’s so quick, with such good instincts, and sees and reacts so well, he often looks like he’s playing the game faster than anyone else.”
Kiper also updated his top 10 prospects by position list to have Van Noy as the fourth-best outside linebacker.
Aside from Kiper’s kind words, Van Noy had a productive week, visiting with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Wednesday. He will also visit the Atlanta Falcons next week. He’s also created a buzz with other teams.
South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney remains Kiper’s top prospect. Kiper had Van Noy going 45th to Detroit in his latest mock draft before Thursday's big board change, calling it a "Grade-A" pick if it were to happen.
Even with the high praise, Kiper’s ESPN colleague Todd McShay has the former Cougar as a second-round pick landing in San Diego with the No. 57 overall pick in his latest mock draft.
The first round of the draft is set for May 8.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Living the dream: Controlled hoarding for a...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 121
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade... 11