Ravell Call, Deseret News Archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Go wild for the history, nature, trails, archeology and marmots of Capitol Reef National Park during National Park Week, April 19-27.
To get the celebration going, Capitol Reef National Park will waive entrance fees April 19-20.
Activities during the week include geology talks at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 24, Saturday, April 19 and April 26, and Sunday, April 20 and April 27; Fremont culture talks at 3 p.m. Thursday, April 24, through Sunday, April 27; a geology hike at 4 p.m. Friday, April 25; a porch talk at 4 p.m. Saturday, April 26; a Fruita history walk at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 27; a junior geologist walk at 4 p.m. Friday, April 25; and evening programs at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 24, and Saturday, April 19 an April 26.
Visit www.nationalparkweek.org for more information about what is going on at Capitol Reef National Park and other National Park Service sites throughout the country.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 26