Ravell Call, Deseret News Archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Go wild for the history, nature, trails, archeology and marmots of Capitol Reef National Park during National Park Week, April 19-27.
To get the celebration going, Capitol Reef National Park will waive entrance fees April 19-20.
Activities during the week include geology talks at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 24, Saturday, April 19 and April 26, and Sunday, April 20 and April 27; Fremont culture talks at 3 p.m. Thursday, April 24, through Sunday, April 27; a geology hike at 4 p.m. Friday, April 25; a porch talk at 4 p.m. Saturday, April 26; a Fruita history walk at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 27; a junior geologist walk at 4 p.m. Friday, April 25; and evening programs at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 24, and Saturday, April 19 an April 26.
Visit www.nationalparkweek.org for more information about what is going on at Capitol Reef National Park and other National Park Service sites throughout the country.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8