Ravell Call, Deseret News Archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Go wild for the history, nature, trails, archeology and marmots of Capitol Reef National Park during National Park Week, April 19-27.
To get the celebration going, Capitol Reef National Park will waive entrance fees April 19-20.
Activities during the week include geology talks at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 24, Saturday, April 19 and April 26, and Sunday, April 20 and April 27; Fremont culture talks at 3 p.m. Thursday, April 24, through Sunday, April 27; a geology hike at 4 p.m. Friday, April 25; a porch talk at 4 p.m. Saturday, April 26; a Fruita history walk at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 27; a junior geologist walk at 4 p.m. Friday, April 25; and evening programs at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 24, and Saturday, April 19 an April 26.
Visit www.nationalparkweek.org for more information about what is going on at Capitol Reef National Park and other National Park Service sites throughout the country.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- U.K. doctors embrace e-cigarettes as U.S....
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21