DRAPER — Three service members prevailed during the Utah Army National Guard Best Warrior Competition held at Camp Williams April 3-5.
Two will represent the state in May at the regional competition.
Spc. Alex Davis, Charlie Company, 142nd Military Intelligence Battalion; and Staff Sgt. Devin Jameson and 1st Sgt. Daniel Fellingham, both from 640th Regional Training Institute, were selected in the categories of best soldier, noncommissioned officer and first sergeant, respectively, during the statewide event.
Twenty-one competitors faced both physical and mental rigors during the three-day event, which included a physical fitness test, completion of various Army warrior tasks, day and night land navigation, written exam, personal board appearance, written essay, stress-fire marksmanship and a 6-mile road march with a 35-pound backpack.
Davis and Jameson will now represent the Utah National Guard at the Region VII Best Warrior Competition set for May 19-22 at Camp Williams. They will compete against representatives from Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, New Mexico and Nevada for the opportunity to advance to the Army National Guard competition at Little Rock, Ark., in July.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- UDOT to release preliminary results of S.R....
- Democrats say county primary election voter...
- Walking tour, barbecue Saturday in Murray
- Utahns speaking out on pending Medicaid...
- Utah communities still among fastest-growing...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12