DRAPER — Three service members prevailed during the Utah Army National Guard Best Warrior Competition held at Camp Williams April 3-5.
Two will represent the state in May at the regional competition.
Spc. Alex Davis, Charlie Company, 142nd Military Intelligence Battalion; and Staff Sgt. Devin Jameson and 1st Sgt. Daniel Fellingham, both from 640th Regional Training Institute, were selected in the categories of best soldier, noncommissioned officer and first sergeant, respectively, during the statewide event.
Twenty-one competitors faced both physical and mental rigors during the three-day event, which included a physical fitness test, completion of various Army warrior tasks, day and night land navigation, written exam, personal board appearance, written essay, stress-fire marksmanship and a 6-mile road march with a 35-pound backpack.
Davis and Jameson will now represent the Utah National Guard at the Region VII Best Warrior Competition set for May 19-22 at Camp Williams. They will compete against representatives from Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, New Mexico and Nevada for the opportunity to advance to the Army National Guard competition at Little Rock, Ark., in July.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9