BYU football: Cougars to face Boise State in a Friday night matchup in 2014
Matt Gade, Deseret News
BYU and Boise State will face off for the second straight season on a Friday night.
BYU, ESPN and the Mountain West Conference announced Thursday that this year's football game between the Cougars and the Broncos will be played on Friday, Oct. 24. The game will be broadcast to a national television audience on ESPN or ESPN2, and kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
The contest at Boise State's Bronco Stadium was originally scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 25. This will be the third straight season BYU and Boise State play in a non-Saturday game; the Cougars and Broncos played on a Thursday in 2012.
Last year, the Cougars earned their first-ever win over the Broncos with a 37-20 victory in Provo. Taysom Hill threw for 339 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for another score as BYU built a 24-3 halftime lead that night at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Boise State holds a 3-1 series lead against the Cougars and beat BYU 7-6 in 2012, the last time the two teams met in Boise.
BYU now currently has four games on its 2014 schedule that will be nationally televised on either ESPN or ESPN2. Information on the remaining broadcast plans and game times will be announced as they are determined.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Ranking the best running backs in University...
- Elder Perry the sports fan
- Morning links: Reflecting on Andrei...
- Ranking the best power forwards in the NBA...
- Sisterly Love: Brynlee Lindsey jeopardizing...
- Ex-Olympus High star Nick Paulos to get Jazz...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- Rock On: The luxury of a pink slip
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 150
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 41
- Several early season game times set for... 32
- Morning links: Reflecting on Andrei... 30
- Dick Harmon: Larry Krystkowiak chimes... 17
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out... 14
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout... 14