BYU football: Cougars to face Boise State in a Friday night matchup in 2014
Matt Gade, Deseret News
BYU and Boise State will face off for the second straight season on a Friday night.
BYU, ESPN and the Mountain West Conference announced Thursday that this year's football game between the Cougars and the Broncos will be played on Friday, Oct. 24. The game will be broadcast to a national television audience on ESPN or ESPN2, and kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
The contest at Boise State's Bronco Stadium was originally scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 25. This will be the third straight season BYU and Boise State play in a non-Saturday game; the Cougars and Broncos played on a Thursday in 2012.
Last year, the Cougars earned their first-ever win over the Broncos with a 37-20 victory in Provo. Taysom Hill threw for 339 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for another score as BYU built a 24-3 halftime lead that night at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Boise State holds a 3-1 series lead against the Cougars and beat BYU 7-6 in 2012, the last time the two teams met in Boise.
BYU now currently has four games on its 2014 schedule that will be nationally televised on either ESPN or ESPN2. Information on the remaining broadcast plans and game times will be announced as they are determined.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7