BYU football: Cougars to face Boise State in a Friday night matchup in 2014
Matt Gade, Deseret News
BYU and Boise State will face off for the second straight season on a Friday night.
BYU, ESPN and the Mountain West Conference announced Thursday that this year's football game between the Cougars and the Broncos will be played on Friday, Oct. 24. The game will be broadcast to a national television audience on ESPN or ESPN2, and kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
The contest at Boise State's Bronco Stadium was originally scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 25. This will be the third straight season BYU and Boise State play in a non-Saturday game; the Cougars and Broncos played on a Thursday in 2012.
Last year, the Cougars earned their first-ever win over the Broncos with a 37-20 victory in Provo. Taysom Hill threw for 339 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for another score as BYU built a 24-3 halftime lead that night at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Boise State holds a 3-1 series lead against the Cougars and beat BYU 7-6 in 2012, the last time the two teams met in Boise.
BYU now currently has four games on its 2014 schedule that will be nationally televised on either ESPN or ESPN2. Information on the remaining broadcast plans and game times will be announced as they are determined.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 22
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20