UVU Athletics: 35 UVU student-athletes named Academic All-WAC
The Western Athletic Conference announced its academic all-WAC teams for the winter of 2013-14 and 35 Utah Valley University student-athletes have been named to the honor. To be eligible, a student-athlete must have completed at least one academic year, have at least a 3.2 cumulative grade point average and have participated in at least 50 percent of the team's contests.
The winter sports of men's and women's basketball, men's and women's indoor track and field, and men's and women's swimming and diving teams were included on the list.
The men's track and field team led the way for the Wolverines with 16 student-athletes making the cut. Women's track was next with nine, while men's and women's basketball each had five of their players recognized.
"These young men and women continue to embody the true definition of student-athlete and represent our proud institution in tremendously positive ways through their wholesale commitment and dedication," Utah Valley Director of Athletics Vince Otoupal said. "Their noble pursuit of academic success - congruent with the immense success they've enjoyed in the arena of competition this winter - is commended and truly appreciated.
"It is a true accomplishment to be named among the top academic performers in this storied conference and we will continue to strive to carve a legacy in this league through such commitment to the Wolverine way."
In all, 10 Wolverine seniors were recognized, as well as five juniors, 17 sophomores and three redshirt freshmen.
Including the fall Academic All-WAC list, Utah Valley has now seen 59 student-athletes named to all-academic teams this school year.
UVU representatives on the 2013-14 Winter Academic All-WAC Teams:
Ben Aird, Sr.
Mitch Bruneel, Jr.
Keawe Enos, Sr.
Holton Hunsaker, Sr.
Zach Nelson, RFr.
Georgia Agnew, RFr.
Whitney Jenkins, Sr.
Karlee Kartchner, RFr.
Katie Kuklok, RSo.
Kyra Prause, Sr.
Men's indoor track and field
Levi Ball, Jr.
Presten Beatty, So.
Macy Butterfield, Sr.
Chris Dorton, Sr.
Mike Fogt, RSo.
Seth Gutzwiller, RSo.
Gary Hatch, So.
Mike Keith, RSo.
Jason Lynch, RSo.
Michael McPherson, Jr.
Scott Moake, RSo.
Trac Norris, RSo.
Chandler Rieske, RSo.
Logan Rusch, So.
Trevor Sharp, RSo.
Carson Van Wagoner, RSo.
Women's indoor track and field
Lindsey Bryant, Jr.
Gately Garnett, So.
Celeste Gutzman, So.
Brooke Hodson-Davies, Sr.
Harley Murray, So.
Wendy Peterson, Jr.
Autumn Robertson, Sr.
Darian Sharp, So.
Jessica Wilding, Sr.
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com.
- UVU golf: Utah Valley set for WAC...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines open weekend with...
- UVU softball: late surge leads UVU to Friday...
- UVU softball: Wolverines drop WAC finale,...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines erase early deficit...
- UVU golf: Wright takes first round lead at...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines complete sweep of CSUB
- UVU golf: Utah Valley remains in third place...
- Orem woman makes history by joining... 5
- UVU golf: Utah Valley set for WAC... 0
- UVU baseball: Wolverines open weekend... 0
- UVU softball: late surge leads UVU to... 0
- UVU softball: Wolverines drop WAC... 0
- UVU baseball: Wolverines erase early... 0
- UVU golf: Wright takes first round lead... 0
- UVU baseball: Wolverines complete sweep... 0