What's new: Sister Harriet F. Uchtdorf shares testimony, conversion in 'The Light We Share'
“THE LIGHT WE SHARE,” by Harriet R. Uchtdorf, Deseret Book, $15.99, 44 pages (nf)
Sister Harriet R. Uchtdorf shares her testimony and her conversion experience from when she was 12 in Frankfurt, Germany, in the recently released gift book “The Light We Share.”
Two Mormon missionaries from the United States knocked on their door eight months after her father died of cancer.
“Those two missionaries, guided by the Spirit and well-prepared, knew exactly what our little widowed-mother family needed,” she writes.
Their family studied the Book of Mormon and, with the missionaries, learning about the Plan of Salvation and eternal families. While they attended their first meetings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the hymn “Hark All Ye Nations” had an impact on young Harriet.
While she, her sister and her mother were baptized and happy in their new faith, it took time for their extended family to accept their decisions, but in time, they were eventually baptized.
“But over time, and in different ways, the light and truth of the gospel touched the members of our family. Because of it, my life changed forever,” she writes.
Sister Uchtdorf, wife of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the LDS Church’s First Presidency, shares her sweet and sincere testimony of the gospel and how each missionary and member of the LDS Church has the opportunity to share the light of Jesus Christ by living with enthusiasm and being examples in this 44-page gift book with photos, including one of young Harriet with her family.
“And you, my dear brothers and sisters, are vibrant and enthusiastic beacons in an ever-darkening world as you show, through the way you live your lives, what the gospel is a joyful message,” Sister Uchtdorf writes.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New collaboration helps track pioneer...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's influence...
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch indexing...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Thirty countries require leaders to belong to...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 19
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 4
- Having trouble understanding the Bible?... 4
- Seventh-day Adventist leader calls on... 3