Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy visits with the Jacksonville Jaguars (with video)
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy visited and worked out with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Wednesday.
Wednesday was a big day for the Jaguars, as they brought in some of the top talent from the upcoming draft. The list included quarterbacks Johnny Manziel and Teddy Bridgewater, and wide receivers Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans.
Van Noy was very happy for the opportunity to work out with the Jaguars, and had high praise for the coach and the organization.
“Man, it’s been awesome,” Van Noy told the Jaguars. “(Coach) Gus Bradley has a great system going on here. You can see it in the people that he works with It’s just a good environment to be in.”
Bradley was Van Noy’s coach at the Senior Bowl, and Van Noy said he enjoyed playing for Bradley in that short time.
“I’d be excited to play for him,” Van Noy said in his interview. “I would be happy to be a part of it just because of how positive he is and how uplifting he is to the guys. He’s a good coach to have here, and the Jaguars are on the rise.”
Van Noy also said how grateful he is to have the opportunity to travel around the country and meet with different NFL teams.
“It’s a cool experience,” Van Noy said in the video. “Not many kids get to enjoy this and have this opportunity in their lives. I’m just trying to make the most of it and trying to meet all sorts of people and enjoy the moment.”
Follow Trent on Twitter @TheRealTrento.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 87
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8