What the same-sex marriage movement is really doing to marriage
Same-sex marriage isn’t really what marriage equality activists are fighting for. It’s really about ending civil marriages altogether, according to Stella Morabito, a writer for The Federalist.
Morabito wrote that many of the policies and movements made to legalize and promote same-sex marriage are impacting married life overall, and that could have damaging effects on American culture.
“Without civil marriage, the family can no longer exist autonomously and serve as a wall of separation between the individual and the state,” Morabito wrote. “This has huge implications for the survival of freedom of association.”
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5