What the same-sex marriage movement is really doing to marriage
Same-sex marriage isn’t really what marriage equality activists are fighting for. It’s really about ending civil marriages altogether, according to Stella Morabito, a writer for The Federalist.
Morabito wrote that many of the policies and movements made to legalize and promote same-sex marriage are impacting married life overall, and that could have damaging effects on American culture.
“Without civil marriage, the family can no longer exist autonomously and serve as a wall of separation between the individual and the state,” Morabito wrote. “This has huge implications for the survival of freedom of association.”
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 35
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- New DVD tells story of David... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5