What the same-sex marriage movement is really doing to marriage
Same-sex marriage isn’t really what marriage equality activists are fighting for. It’s really about ending civil marriages altogether, according to Stella Morabito, a writer for The Federalist.
Morabito wrote that many of the policies and movements made to legalize and promote same-sex marriage are impacting married life overall, and that could have damaging effects on American culture.
“Without civil marriage, the family can no longer exist autonomously and serve as a wall of separation between the individual and the state,” Morabito wrote. “This has huge implications for the survival of freedom of association.”
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 147
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 33
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- LDS statement could move Utah... 18
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8