What the same-sex marriage movement is really doing to marriage
Same-sex marriage isn’t really what marriage equality activists are fighting for. It’s really about ending civil marriages altogether, according to Stella Morabito, a writer for The Federalist.
Morabito wrote that many of the policies and movements made to legalize and promote same-sex marriage are impacting married life overall, and that could have damaging effects on American culture.
“Without civil marriage, the family can no longer exist autonomously and serve as a wall of separation between the individual and the state,” Morabito wrote. “This has huge implications for the survival of freedom of association.”
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Family experiences a memorial miracle
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3