If you are going to make a big purchase as a couple — let's say for a new couch — set a limit at which you must discuss it first and wait at least a day before making that purchase. This will help open opportunities to discuss your finances and your budget and the things you really need. It will help keep you both on the same page financially and avoid potential money fights. Sometimes by giving ourselves a grace period before making bigger purchases, it allows the I-gotta-have-it fever to subside, and we avoid buying things we didn't actually need or want.
Even if you aren't a church-goer or tithe payer, make some room in your budget for giving. Obviously your particular financial situation will determine how much you can give or if you can give at all. Being a giver and having a selfless attitude and spirit about money will bring more opportunities into your life.
If you are a tithe-payer, I recommend always paying your tithing before anything else. It should be the No. 1 priority in your budget. Being faithful to that principle will bring blessings into your life and blessings into your marriage.
Always remember: When entering a marriage, you have made a commitment to love, support, encourage and serve one another. For richer or poorer, in sickness and health ... You know how it goes. Do it together.
No longer is it I, me or mine. It's we, us and ours.
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- US growth is thought to have rebounded in...
- Italian banks under glare as EU stress tests...
- Get all your outdoors work done by 2030,...
- Dave Ramsey says: Knowing when to raise prices
- Michelle Singletary: Tying the knot shouldn't...
- How to recognize the signs of a scam artist
- Sturt & Nordstrom: Pokemon Go says something...
- Get all your outdoors work done by... 14
- How to recognize the signs of a scam... 4
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Michelle Singletary: Tying the knot... 1
- US growth is thought to have rebounded... 0
- Italian banks under glare as EU stress... 0
- Dave Ramsey says: Knowing when to raise... 0
- Sturt & Nordstrom: Pokemon Go says... 0