ESPN's Joe Lunardi has Utes and Cougars both in his way-too-early 2015 tournament field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The NCAA basketball season might have ended with Connecticut’s surprising title on Monday, but ESPN’s Joe Lunardi is reminding everyone it’s never too early to think about next year.
Lunardi released his projected 2015 NCAA bracket Wednesday, placing Utah as a No. 9 seed facing Maryland, while BYU is a No. 12 seed in one of the play-in games taking on Georgetown.
The Cougars were a No. 10 seed in the most recent tournament, before falling to Oregon 87-68 in the opening round. Utah last played in the tournament in 2009, but participated in the NIT this past season. Both teams return most of its players from last year.
Lunardi has Wisconsin, Arizona, Kansas and Michigan as his projected No. 1 seeds. You can check out his 2015 bracket here.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25