ESPN's Joe Lunardi has Utes and Cougars both in his way-too-early 2015 tournament field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The NCAA basketball season might have ended with Connecticut’s surprising title on Monday, but ESPN’s Joe Lunardi is reminding everyone it’s never too early to think about next year.
Lunardi released his projected 2015 NCAA bracket Wednesday, placing Utah as a No. 9 seed facing Maryland, while BYU is a No. 12 seed in one of the play-in games taking on Georgetown.
The Cougars were a No. 10 seed in the most recent tournament, before falling to Oregon 87-68 in the opening round. Utah last played in the tournament in 2009, but participated in the NIT this past season. Both teams return most of its players from last year.
Lunardi has Wisconsin, Arizona, Kansas and Michigan as his projected No. 1 seeds. You can check out his 2015 bracket here.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28