ESPN's Joe Lunardi has Utes and Cougars both in his way-too-early 2015 tournament field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The NCAA basketball season might have ended with Connecticut’s surprising title on Monday, but ESPN’s Joe Lunardi is reminding everyone it’s never too early to think about next year.
Lunardi released his projected 2015 NCAA bracket Wednesday, placing Utah as a No. 9 seed facing Maryland, while BYU is a No. 12 seed in one of the play-in games taking on Georgetown.
The Cougars were a No. 10 seed in the most recent tournament, before falling to Oregon 87-68 in the opening round. Utah last played in the tournament in 2009, but participated in the NIT this past season. Both teams return most of its players from last year.
Lunardi has Wisconsin, Arizona, Kansas and Michigan as his projected No. 1 seeds. You can check out his 2015 bracket here.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34