ESPN's Joe Lunardi has Utes and Cougars both in his way-too-early 2015 tournament field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The NCAA basketball season might have ended with Connecticut’s surprising title on Monday, but ESPN’s Joe Lunardi is reminding everyone it’s never too early to think about next year.
Lunardi released his projected 2015 NCAA bracket Wednesday, placing Utah as a No. 9 seed facing Maryland, while BYU is a No. 12 seed in one of the play-in games taking on Georgetown.
The Cougars were a No. 10 seed in the most recent tournament, before falling to Oregon 87-68 in the opening round. Utah last played in the tournament in 2009, but participated in the NIT this past season. Both teams return most of its players from last year.
Lunardi has Wisconsin, Arizona, Kansas and Michigan as his projected No. 1 seeds. You can check out his 2015 bracket here.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21