ESPN's Joe Lunardi has Utes and Cougars both in his way-too-early 2015 tournament field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The NCAA basketball season might have ended with Connecticut’s surprising title on Monday, but ESPN’s Joe Lunardi is reminding everyone it’s never too early to think about next year.
Lunardi released his projected 2015 NCAA bracket Wednesday, placing Utah as a No. 9 seed facing Maryland, while BYU is a No. 12 seed in one of the play-in games taking on Georgetown.
The Cougars were a No. 10 seed in the most recent tournament, before falling to Oregon 87-68 in the opening round. Utah last played in the tournament in 2009, but participated in the NIT this past season. Both teams return most of its players from last year.
Lunardi has Wisconsin, Arizona, Kansas and Michigan as his projected No. 1 seeds. You can check out his 2015 bracket here.
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig Bills...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Former BYU star Russell Larson enjoys...
- Dante's shadow: Breaking down Dante Exum's game
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 131
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 72
- Dick Harmon: Every player on BYU's... 71
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utah Utes football: No. 23 Utes defeat... 52
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- BYU gets bowl-eligible with 42-23 win... 25
- Utes still have outside chance at... 25