World-renowned blogger celebrates Provo City Center Temple, references LDS leader
New York Times best-selling author and Utah-based blogger Stephanie Nielson commemorated the addition of the Angel Moroni statue to the Provo City Center Temple on March 31 through a blog post.
In the post, Nielson quoted Sister Linda S. Reeves, second counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency, who recently spoke at the 184th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Reeves drew an analogy between the Provo Tabernacle, which burned in 2010, and individual lives.
"We have seen the lives of loved ones — and maybe our own — figuratively burned to the ground and have wondered why a loving and caring Heavenly Father would allow such things to happen," Sister Reeves said. "He is building our lives into magnificent temples where his Spirit can dwell eternally."
Nielson, who was in an airplane crash in 2008 and burned over 80 percent of her body, added her own insights and shared images of her family visiting the temple site.
"I am grateful that I came from the literal ashes to live a beautiful life again, to see the miracles and gratitude each day to have one more day on this earth. Hey guys, God is so good."
Read the full blog post at NieNie Dialogues.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16