World-renowned blogger celebrates Provo City Center Temple, references LDS leader
New York Times best-selling author and Utah-based blogger Stephanie Nielson commemorated the addition of the Angel Moroni statue to the Provo City Center Temple on March 31 through a blog post.
In the post, Nielson quoted Sister Linda S. Reeves, second counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency, who recently spoke at the 184th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sister Reeves drew an analogy between the Provo Tabernacle, which burned in 2010, and individual lives.
"We have seen the lives of loved ones — and maybe our own — figuratively burned to the ground and have wondered why a loving and caring Heavenly Father would allow such things to happen," Sister Reeves said. "He is building our lives into magnificent temples where his Spirit can dwell eternally."
Nielson, who was in an airplane crash in 2008 and burned over 80 percent of her body, added her own insights and shared images of her family visiting the temple site.
"I am grateful that I came from the literal ashes to live a beautiful life again, to see the miracles and gratitude each day to have one more day on this earth. Hey guys, God is so good."
Read the full blog post at NieNie Dialogues.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is studying journalism and editing at Brigham Young University.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @alison_kathleen
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 132
- Religious groups react to Boy... 73
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 26
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 13
- ... 11