Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Fifteen firefighters from seven agencies in the Salt Lake Valley went through an obstacle course Tuesday, April 8, 2014, as part of Intermountain Heart Institute's 2014 My Heart Challenge.
Fully dressed in their firefighting gear, firefighters were timed as they ran, carried hoses and heavy objects, and tested their physical abilities in a short obstacle course. In June, near the conclusion of the 100-day My Heart Challenge, each firefighter will be tested on the same obstacle course to track improvements in time and ability.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18