SALT LAKE CITY — Enrique Arce-Larreta from West High School has been selected as a Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic Education Grosvenor Teacher Fellow.
The 2014 fellows, a group of 25 educators from the U.S. and Canada, will embark on Lindblad voyages aboard the National Geographic Explorer for a hands-on experience for professional development.
Fellows enhance their geographic learning through direct, hands-on field experience and bring that knowledge back to their classrooms and communities.
The fellows will travel later this year on in-depth, eight- to 14-day expeditions to locations including Arctic Svalbard, Iceland, Greenland, the Canadian Maritimes and Antarctica.
Before their expeditions, the fellows will travel to Washington, D.C., for a workshop with hands-on sessions on outreach planning and photography, as well as opportunities to learn about the ship, meet Lindblad Expeditions’ naturalists and network with previous years’ fellows to maximize their experience.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19