SALT LAKE CITY — Enrique Arce-Larreta from West High School has been selected as a Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic Education Grosvenor Teacher Fellow.
The 2014 fellows, a group of 25 educators from the U.S. and Canada, will embark on Lindblad voyages aboard the National Geographic Explorer for a hands-on experience for professional development.
Fellows enhance their geographic learning through direct, hands-on field experience and bring that knowledge back to their classrooms and communities.
The fellows will travel later this year on in-depth, eight- to 14-day expeditions to locations including Arctic Svalbard, Iceland, Greenland, the Canadian Maritimes and Antarctica.
Before their expeditions, the fellows will travel to Washington, D.C., for a workshop with hands-on sessions on outreach planning and photography, as well as opportunities to learn about the ship, meet Lindblad Expeditions’ naturalists and network with previous years’ fellows to maximize their experience.
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9