SALT LAKE CITY — Enrique Arce-Larreta from West High School has been selected as a Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic Education Grosvenor Teacher Fellow.
The 2014 fellows, a group of 25 educators from the U.S. and Canada, will embark on Lindblad voyages aboard the National Geographic Explorer for a hands-on experience for professional development.
Fellows enhance their geographic learning through direct, hands-on field experience and bring that knowledge back to their classrooms and communities.
The fellows will travel later this year on in-depth, eight- to 14-day expeditions to locations including Arctic Svalbard, Iceland, Greenland, the Canadian Maritimes and Antarctica.
Before their expeditions, the fellows will travel to Washington, D.C., for a workshop with hands-on sessions on outreach planning and photography, as well as opportunities to learn about the ship, meet Lindblad Expeditions’ naturalists and network with previous years’ fellows to maximize their experience.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8