SALT LAKE CITY — Enrique Arce-Larreta from West High School has been selected as a Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic Education Grosvenor Teacher Fellow.
The 2014 fellows, a group of 25 educators from the U.S. and Canada, will embark on Lindblad voyages aboard the National Geographic Explorer for a hands-on experience for professional development.
Fellows enhance their geographic learning through direct, hands-on field experience and bring that knowledge back to their classrooms and communities.
The fellows will travel later this year on in-depth, eight- to 14-day expeditions to locations including Arctic Svalbard, Iceland, Greenland, the Canadian Maritimes and Antarctica.
Before their expeditions, the fellows will travel to Washington, D.C., for a workshop with hands-on sessions on outreach planning and photography, as well as opportunities to learn about the ship, meet Lindblad Expeditions’ naturalists and network with previous years’ fellows to maximize their experience.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9