SALT LAKE CITY — Enrique Arce-Larreta from West High School has been selected as a Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic Education Grosvenor Teacher Fellow.
The 2014 fellows, a group of 25 educators from the U.S. and Canada, will embark on Lindblad voyages aboard the National Geographic Explorer for a hands-on experience for professional development.
Fellows enhance their geographic learning through direct, hands-on field experience and bring that knowledge back to their classrooms and communities.
The fellows will travel later this year on in-depth, eight- to 14-day expeditions to locations including Arctic Svalbard, Iceland, Greenland, the Canadian Maritimes and Antarctica.
Before their expeditions, the fellows will travel to Washington, D.C., for a workshop with hands-on sessions on outreach planning and photography, as well as opportunities to learn about the ship, meet Lindblad Expeditions’ naturalists and network with previous years’ fellows to maximize their experience.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15