BYU's Jennifer Hamson to participate in volleyball's U.S. Collegiate National Team
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
BYU's Jennifer Hamson will be one of 36 volleyball players from around the country to participate in the U.S. Collegiate National Team activities this summer.
This is the second time she will participate, having also done so in 2012. The program will run from June 22 to July 1 in Minneapolis.
The senior opposite hitter did not play for the Cougar volleyball team in 2013; instead, the two-sport athlete focused on basketball, leading the BYU women's team to the Sweet 16 this year.
As a junior in 2012, she earned American Volleyball Coaches Association All-America First Team honors. That season, Hamson had 25 double-kill outings and finished the year with a team-high 458 kills while hitting .362. She also ranked 17th nationally in points per set with 5.03.
Coaches at the National Team program, considered a second tryout for the U.S. Women's National Team, will include Mike Hebert and Bill Neville, who are both experienced in coaching at the collegiate and international levels. The athletes will be divided into three equal teams following several days of training and will compete in a round-robin event from June 27-30.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33