Todd Hougaard, Deseret News
DRAPER — RC Willey is getting ready to open its first Utah store in 24 years.
The new store at 13301 S. 200 West will be the company's largest store when it opens Wednesday.
The store has 160,000 square feet of space on two floors, with roughly 130 employees.
The new store concept is unique to the company, featuring an open, modern design in a two-story building. Glass exterior walls and skylights will allow natural light to fill the space, and the store’s interior is graced with 14-foot ceilings on the ground floor.
“It’s fun to bring back and invest in a community that really helped build RC Willey and give back to the customers a little bit and show what a new RC Willey is,” said Scott Hymas, the company's CEO.
RC Willey officials said they're happy with the location.
“We are a housing-related company, and with all the growth happening out here in southwest Salt Lake County and northwest Utah County, we feel for the next 20 to 30 years that this is going to be a great place for furniture shopping,” Hymas said.
The first floor will have furniture displays, with appliances and electronics on the second floor.
The store will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday and closed on Sunday.
— Viviane Vo-Duc
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage gap is...
- Dave Ramsey says: You can have a wedding...
- From world-class soldier to world-class...
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- David Sturt and Todd Nordstrom: Don't forget...
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and Giving...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 34
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- Clinton proposes $275 billion in new... 8
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 7
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore,... 5
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and... 4
- Utahns urged to shift spending during... 4
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding... 2