Todd Hougaard, Deseret News
DRAPER — RC Willey is getting ready to open its first Utah store in 24 years.
The new store at 13301 S. 200 West will be the company's largest store when it opens Wednesday.
The store has 160,000 square feet of space on two floors, with roughly 130 employees.
The new store concept is unique to the company, featuring an open, modern design in a two-story building. Glass exterior walls and skylights will allow natural light to fill the space, and the store’s interior is graced with 14-foot ceilings on the ground floor.
“It’s fun to bring back and invest in a community that really helped build RC Willey and give back to the customers a little bit and show what a new RC Willey is,” said Scott Hymas, the company's CEO.
RC Willey officials said they're happy with the location.
“We are a housing-related company, and with all the growth happening out here in southwest Salt Lake County and northwest Utah County, we feel for the next 20 to 30 years that this is going to be a great place for furniture shopping,” Hymas said.
The first floor will have furniture displays, with appliances and electronics on the second floor.
The store will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday and closed on Sunday.
— Viviane Vo-Duc
- Salt Lake City named among top 10 downtown...
- 20 ways to make yourself more likable at work
- Dave Ramsey says: Make pocket money part of...
- Balancing act: Readers offer tips for...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- US running out of room to store oil; price...
- Michelle Singletary: Compassion beyond the...
- Automakers vow not to give up on weak-selling...
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 27
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead,... 3
- Salt Lake City named among top 10... 3
- University Place construction timeline... 2
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab 2
- Nebraska looking at ways to lure... 1
- Automakers vow not to give up on... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Compassion beyond... 1