New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy took official paternity leave for two days to be with his wife for the birth of their first son. It has been reported that three prominent media persons criticized him for taking the leave. Fox News host Gregg Jarrett, and two New York radio hosts Boomer Eaiason and Mike Francesa stated in their criticisms that sport is more important than the family. Where have the American values gone? When did family become less important than the self-gratification of sports?
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Obama's speech at mosque and...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22