New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy took official paternity leave for two days to be with his wife for the birth of their first son. It has been reported that three prominent media persons criticized him for taking the leave. Fox News host Gregg Jarrett, and two New York radio hosts Boomer Eaiason and Mike Francesa stated in their criticisms that sport is more important than the family. Where have the American values gone? When did family become less important than the self-gratification of sports?
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 64
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 42
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22