Peggy Tomsic, representing the plaintiffs
Partner, Magelby & Greenwood, Salt Lake City
University of Utah, B.A., English
University of Utah College of Law
Founding member, Tomsic & Peck, 2005-2009; managing partner, Berman, Tomsic & Savage, 1983-2005. Tomsic has represented defendants and plaintiffs in trials and appeals involving business litigation. Her practice includes trademark and patent infringement, breach of contract, common law fraud, securities fraud and eminent domain.
Born in Price and grew up in Moab.
Gene Schaerr, representing the state of Utah
Assistant Utah attorney general
Brigham Young University, B.A., economics
Yale University, M.A., economics
Yale Law School
Partner, Winston & Strawn, Washington, D.C., handling appeals, critical motions and constitutional litigation, 2005-2014. Partner, Sidley Austin, 1993-2005. Associate counsel President George Bush, 1991-1993. Law clerk, U.S. Supreme Court, Chief Justice Warren Burger and Justice Antonin Scalia, 1986-87.
Born in Kanab.
10th Circuit Court of Appeals
Judge Paul J. Kelly Jr.
Nominated by President George Bush; confirmed by Senate on April 8, 1992.
University of Notre Dame, B.B.A.
Fordham University School of Law
Private practice, Santa Fe, N.M., 1967-1992. New Mexico state representative, 1977-1981
Judge Carlos F. Lucero
Nominated by President Bill Clinton; confirmed by Senate on June 30, 1995.
Adams State College, B.A.
George Washington University Law School
Law clerk, Judge William E. Doyle, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1964-1965. Private practice, Alamosa, Colo., 1966-1995. Adjunct professor, Adams State College, 1968-1995
Judge Jerome A. Holmes
Nominated by President George W. Bush; confirmed by Senate on July 25, 2006.
Wake Forest University, B.A.
Georgetown University Law Center
Harvard University, M.P.A.
Law clerk, Judge Wayne E. Alley, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, 1988-1990. Law clerk, Judge William J. Holloway Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, 1990-1991. Private practice, Washington, D.C., 1991-1994. Assistant U.S. attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Oklahoma, 1994-2005. Private practice, Oklahoma City, Okla., 2005-2006
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Jonathan Johnson says voters 'ready for a...
- Gov. Gary Herbert running hard for second...
- About Utah: Former Utah Jazz CEO Greg Miller...
- Deputy pulls over car, discovers injured...
- Pony Express rides again in Utah
- SUV runs red light, knocks over ambulance...
- Father of Darrien Hunt opposes ex-wife's...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 71
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 42
- Chaffetz: I'm going to be 'kid in a... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 24
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 20
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 19