Peggy Tomsic, representing the plaintiffs
Partner, Magelby & Greenwood, Salt Lake City
University of Utah, B.A., English
University of Utah College of Law
Founding member, Tomsic & Peck, 2005-2009; managing partner, Berman, Tomsic & Savage, 1983-2005. Tomsic has represented defendants and plaintiffs in trials and appeals involving business litigation. Her practice includes trademark and patent infringement, breach of contract, common law fraud, securities fraud and eminent domain.
Born in Price and grew up in Moab.
Gene Schaerr, representing the state of Utah
Assistant Utah attorney general
Brigham Young University, B.A., economics
Yale University, M.A., economics
Yale Law School
Partner, Winston & Strawn, Washington, D.C., handling appeals, critical motions and constitutional litigation, 2005-2014. Partner, Sidley Austin, 1993-2005. Associate counsel President George Bush, 1991-1993. Law clerk, U.S. Supreme Court, Chief Justice Warren Burger and Justice Antonin Scalia, 1986-87.
Born in Kanab.
10th Circuit Court of Appeals
Judge Paul J. Kelly Jr.
Nominated by President George Bush; confirmed by Senate on April 8, 1992.
University of Notre Dame, B.B.A.
Fordham University School of Law
Private practice, Santa Fe, N.M., 1967-1992. New Mexico state representative, 1977-1981
Judge Carlos F. Lucero
Nominated by President Bill Clinton; confirmed by Senate on June 30, 1995.
Adams State College, B.A.
George Washington University Law School
Law clerk, Judge William E. Doyle, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1964-1965. Private practice, Alamosa, Colo., 1966-1995. Adjunct professor, Adams State College, 1968-1995
Judge Jerome A. Holmes
Nominated by President George W. Bush; confirmed by Senate on July 25, 2006.
Wake Forest University, B.A.
Georgetown University Law Center
Harvard University, M.P.A.
Law clerk, Judge Wayne E. Alley, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, 1988-1990. Law clerk, Judge William J. Holloway Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, 1990-1991. Private practice, Washington, D.C., 1991-1994. Assistant U.S. attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Oklahoma, 1994-2005. Private practice, Oklahoma City, Okla., 2005-2006
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah in top 10 for visitor spending at...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 48
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16