SALT LAKE CITY — A man wanted in connection with a drive-by shooting has been arrested by Salt Lake police.
About 4:20 p.m. Saturday, a man had just parked his truck in front of his home, near 1100 North and 1400 West, when he noticed a black Lexus with four people drive past him slowly with all of the occupants watching him, police said. As soon as the man walked inside his house, he heard shots. He ran outside, and a neighbor told him that a person in the Lexus had just shot his truck.
The man's pickup truck was shot three times, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
The man jumped in his truck and chased after the Lexus. At 1000 North and 900 West, the Lexus driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a light pole, according to police. All four occupants got out and ran. A bystander stopped two of the suspects and held them until police arrived.
On Sunday, gang detectives arrested Joseph Raymond Trujillo, 24, who originally gave officers a false name, police said. A search warrant was served on his house and Trujillo was found hiding in an attic, according to the report. A stolen gun was found near him.
He was booked into jail for investigation of the drive-by shooting, possession of a stolen firearm, possession of a firearm by a restricted person and interfering with an arrest.
In 2007 when Trujillo was 17, he was convicted as an adult for his participation in a drive-by shooting, according to court records. He eventually violated his probation and was sentenced to seven months in jail in 2012.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Where does Salt Lake City rank among the...
- 41 inmates in Davis County Jail earn high...
- 'Regimented' UTA employee remembered as...
- Office of Economic Development names...
- Parents look for answers after daughter was...
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as... 59
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 36
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution... 11
- Utah defends busting theater for... 11