Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
It was another big week across the state for track & field athletes in Utah, with 12 of the state’s top performances in 2014 of the season posted.
Eight were recorded at the Alpha Invitational at Timpanogos High School on Friday, with two more falling at the Herriman Invitational and then two more at the Desert Hills Invitational.
Hillcrest hurdler Ariana Williams probably had the best week out everyone, recording the state’s best time in both the 100 and 300 hurdles at the Alpha Invitational.
Jordan junior Austin Kafentzis came within three feet of the state record in the javelin with a throw of 198’06 at the Alpha Invitational as well.
Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event and wind times are not included.
With big meets at San Juan, Stansbury, Dixie, Logan, Carbon and Copper Hills this week, along with several others across the state, expect a lot more shake-up in the top 10 performances list next week.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boys top performances
10.82 — Jonah Trinnaman, American Fork, Sr. (3/29 at UVU)
10.87 — Dallon Didericksen, Stansbury, Sr. (4/5 at Delta)
11.07 — Derek Sorensen, Richfield, Sr. (3/29 at Pine View)
11.12 — Garrett Stroh, Hillcrest, Sr. (4/4 at Timpanogos)
11.15 — Zayne Anderson, Stansbury, Sr. (4/5 at Delta)
11.16 — Zac Morris, Lehi, Sr. (3/19 at Davis)
11.17 — Kavika Fonua, Syracuse, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
11.17 — Chase Heiner, Provo, Jr. (3/29 at UVU)
11.21 — Jessi Noll, Springville, Sr. (3/29 at UVU)
11.21 — Chad Artist, Logan, Jr. (3/22 at Hurricane)
Note: State record is 10.47 set by Murray’s Brian Hazelgren in 1981
21.90 — Zac Morris, Lehi, Sr. (3/29 at Pine View)
21.92 — Trevor Leavitt, Davis, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
21.93 — Michael Bluth, Riverton, Sr. (3/29 at UVU)
22.04 — Jonah Trinnaman, American Fork, Sr. (4/4 at Timpanogos)
22.25 — Derek Sorensen, Richfield, Sr. (3/29 at Pine View)
22.30 — Xequille Harry, Woods Cross, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
22.33 — Garrett Stroh, Hillcrest, Sr. (4/4 at Timpanogos)
22.32 — Chase Heiner, Provo, Jr. (3/29 at UVU)
22.46 — Cam Dopp, Woods Cross, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
Note: State record is 21.41 set by Woods Cross’s Jacopo Spano in 2013
47.69 — Trevor Leavitt, Davis, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 97
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48