Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
It was another big week across the state for track & field athletes in Utah, with 12 of the state’s top performances in 2014 of the season posted.
Eight were recorded at the Alpha Invitational at Timpanogos High School on Friday, with two more falling at the Herriman Invitational and then two more at the Desert Hills Invitational.
Hillcrest hurdler Ariana Williams probably had the best week out everyone, recording the state’s best time in both the 100 and 300 hurdles at the Alpha Invitational.
Jordan junior Austin Kafentzis came within three feet of the state record in the javelin with a throw of 198’06 at the Alpha Invitational as well.
Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event and wind times are not included.
With big meets at San Juan, Stansbury, Dixie, Logan, Carbon and Copper Hills this week, along with several others across the state, expect a lot more shake-up in the top 10 performances list next week.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boys top performances
10.82 — Jonah Trinnaman, American Fork, Sr. (3/29 at UVU)
10.87 — Dallon Didericksen, Stansbury, Sr. (4/5 at Delta)
11.07 — Derek Sorensen, Richfield, Sr. (3/29 at Pine View)
11.12 — Garrett Stroh, Hillcrest, Sr. (4/4 at Timpanogos)
11.15 — Zayne Anderson, Stansbury, Sr. (4/5 at Delta)
11.16 — Zac Morris, Lehi, Sr. (3/19 at Davis)
11.17 — Kavika Fonua, Syracuse, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
11.17 — Chase Heiner, Provo, Jr. (3/29 at UVU)
11.21 — Jessi Noll, Springville, Sr. (3/29 at UVU)
11.21 — Chad Artist, Logan, Jr. (3/22 at Hurricane)
Note: State record is 10.47 set by Murray’s Brian Hazelgren in 1981
21.90 — Zac Morris, Lehi, Sr. (3/29 at Pine View)
21.92 — Trevor Leavitt, Davis, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
21.93 — Michael Bluth, Riverton, Sr. (3/29 at UVU)
22.04 — Jonah Trinnaman, American Fork, Sr. (4/4 at Timpanogos)
22.25 — Derek Sorensen, Richfield, Sr. (3/29 at Pine View)
22.30 — Xequille Harry, Woods Cross, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
22.33 — Garrett Stroh, Hillcrest, Sr. (4/4 at Timpanogos)
22.32 — Chase Heiner, Provo, Jr. (3/29 at UVU)
22.46 — Cam Dopp, Woods Cross, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
Note: State record is 21.41 set by Woods Cross’s Jacopo Spano in 2013
47.69 — Trevor Leavitt, Davis, Sr. (3/26 at Syracuse)
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Doug Robinson: The one position the Utes...
- Purdue's pair of 7-footers draw plenty of...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 28