BYU track: Witt, Ward headline big weekend at Stanford Invitational
"We have had a phenomenal meet, a lot of qualifiers for regionals,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “Mission accomplished this weekend. We continue to qualify people, we knew specifically that this is a very important weekend for us. The athletes came in well prepared and we represented BYU well.”
Witt finished in 28:36.64 to take first place, followed closely by Ward, who finished in 28:37.36. The two times qualified the duo for regionals in the event and were the top times posted in the nation during the outdoor season.
Curtis Carr took second in his section of the 5,000 meters, finishing in 13:55.77. Winston Wilkinson continued his strong start of the outdoor season in the discus, taking second with a mark of 51.23 meters.
BYU returns to action next weekend at the UCLA Invitational in Los Angeles.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 86
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 42
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 27
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12