I understand that many children are disadvantaged because of language barriers and working parents, etc., but wasn't Head Start begun for that very reason, to help these children? Many other children are brought up in homes with great parents and many advantages and they are better off in the hands of their parents for their early learning. It seems the expenditure of $3 million to fund UPSTART locally to just experiment is a waste of precious dollars. There already are many studies as to the advantages of the current Head Start program.
Why can't an existing program be perfected, if there is proof that it is working, rather than begin a new, costly program?
Salt Lake City
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22