Utah football: Ute kicker Andy Phillips connects on a couple of long field goals in scrimmage
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah kicker Andy Phillips made two field goals that exceeded his career long of 51 yards in Friday afternoon's spring scrimmage at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
The sophomore All-America candidate connected on kicks from 52 and 53 yards out.
“That was great to see. He’s in a groove right now," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "He works hard. He’s been very consistent all throughout spring and his leg is stronger this year."
Whittingham added that Phillips has worked hard in the offseason and has "got a little more range than he had last year.”
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27