Utah football: Ute kicker Andy Phillips connects on a couple of long field goals in scrimmage
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah kicker Andy Phillips made two field goals that exceeded his career long of 51 yards in Friday afternoon's spring scrimmage at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
The sophomore All-America candidate connected on kicks from 52 and 53 yards out.
“That was great to see. He’s in a groove right now," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "He works hard. He’s been very consistent all throughout spring and his leg is stronger this year."
Whittingham added that Phillips has worked hard in the offseason and has "got a little more range than he had last year.”
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36