suesmith2, Getty Images/iStockphoto
HERRIMAN — The Jordan School Board of Education has approved Blackridge Elementary as the name for the new elementary school in Herriman.
The name Blackridge comes from the mountain range directly south of the school and the nearby reservoir.
The school will open on July 25 with 1,000 students. The classrooms are framed, and the school will feature geothermal heating and cooling.
Once school starts, the community will be asked to help students and staff choose school colors and a mascot.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 72
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17