suesmith2, Getty Images/iStockphoto
HERRIMAN — The Jordan School Board of Education has approved Blackridge Elementary as the name for the new elementary school in Herriman.
The name Blackridge comes from the mountain range directly south of the school and the nearby reservoir.
The school will open on July 25 with 1,000 students. The classrooms are framed, and the school will feature geothermal heating and cooling.
Once school starts, the community will be asked to help students and staff choose school colors and a mascot.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Women innovators leading by example
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 76
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 18
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10