suesmith2, Getty Images/iStockphoto
HERRIMAN — The Jordan School Board of Education has approved Blackridge Elementary as the name for the new elementary school in Herriman.
The name Blackridge comes from the mountain range directly south of the school and the nearby reservoir.
The school will open on July 25 with 1,000 students. The classrooms are framed, and the school will feature geothermal heating and cooling.
Once school starts, the community will be asked to help students and staff choose school colors and a mascot.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29