suesmith2, Getty Images/iStockphoto
HERRIMAN — The Jordan School Board of Education has approved Blackridge Elementary as the name for the new elementary school in Herriman.
The name Blackridge comes from the mountain range directly south of the school and the nearby reservoir.
The school will open on July 25 with 1,000 students. The classrooms are framed, and the school will feature geothermal heating and cooling.
Once school starts, the community will be asked to help students and staff choose school colors and a mascot.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 92
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18