Ok.com users give the film a 38-percent "Worth Your Time" rating. Audiences at Rotten Tomatoes have given "Noah" a 47 percent approval rating. However, "Noah" is "certified fresh" by professional critics, currently sitting at 77 percent approval.
Christopher Orr of The Atlantic wrote, "Despite its flamboyant, and at times goofy, fantasy trappings, 'Noah' is firmly anchored by the fierce moral intensity of Aronofsky’s vision, which is, if anything, more Old Testament than the Old Testament itself."
"'Noah,' like the good book it springs from, is wide open to interpretation," wrote Steve Persall of the Tampa Bay Times. "Bold yet reverent, (Aronofsky's) head-trip take on the biblical legend is bound to confound literalists wondering what in the name of Cecil B. DeMille is going on."
Some Christian leaders have spoken up in defense of the film and believe the movie can be used as a positive tool for Bible-believing Christians, as reported by The Blaze. In a video the website posted in March, Gabe Lyons, the author and founder of Q, said, "They wanted to do a story that could capture our imagination and is riveting, that draws you in, that makes you leave affected, feeling the weight of life and humanity, and this story does that."
"Movies aren't meant to preach," Karen Covell said in the video. Covell, the founder of the Hollywood Prayer Network, continued, "Movies aren't sermons. And so if they can bring up the topic and start conversation, that's a good movie — and this one made me ask questions."
"There will be many people who will choose to see this movie. We can’t prevent that, and I am not calling for a boycott," Ham wrote. “If a Christian who is knowledgeable about the true account of Noah knows of someone who has already seen the film, then that believer should certainly take the opportunity to share about the truthfulness of God’s Word."
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: atownmania
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- The Clean Cut: Kelly Clarkson announces...
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 6
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- Orchestra of Southern Utah Children's... 0
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0
- Motherhood Matters: How to manage... 0
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for... 0