Death of woman in Provo Canyon 'suspicious,' police say
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
PROVO — Investigators are looking for answers in the "suspicious" death of a 20-year-old Provo woman who was found in Provo Canyon on Thursday.
Utah County sheriff's deputies located Hadley Boberg's body about 10:30 a.m. Her parents had called to report her missing Wednesday night, advising deputies to search Diamond Fork, Hobble Creek and Provo canyons.
A deputy searching the Provo Canyon area located Boberg's Jeep near the Big Springs trailhead in South Fork of Provo Canyon and found a man investigators described as an acquaintance of Boberg inside her vehicle, said Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Shawn Chipman.
The man was suffering from possible frostbite and told the deputy he believed Boberg needed help, Chipman said.
Boberg's body was discovered lying on the ground about 200 yards away from her Jeep. Investigators consider the death to be "suspicious in nature," but there was no obvious cause of death, said Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Tom Hodgson.
The man was hospitalized overnight Thursday for observation. Investigators were calling him a witness in the case Thursday evening.
"That could change in the future, but right now we're calling him a witness," Chipman said.
Investigators also located alcohol at the scene, which they say may have been a factor in Boberg's death.
"From what we can tell right now, it appears only two people were up here," Chipman said. "It sounds like they came camping up here last night, and we're trying to figure out what happened at that point to this morning when we found her."
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Utah County Sheriff's Office at 801-851-4010.
Contributing: Sam Penrod
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12