Death of woman in Provo Canyon 'suspicious,' police say
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
PROVO — Investigators are looking for answers in the "suspicious" death of a 20-year-old Provo woman who was found in Provo Canyon on Thursday.
Utah County sheriff's deputies located Hadley Boberg's body about 10:30 a.m. Her parents had called to report her missing Wednesday night, advising deputies to search Diamond Fork, Hobble Creek and Provo canyons.
A deputy searching the Provo Canyon area located Boberg's Jeep near the Big Springs trailhead in South Fork of Provo Canyon and found a man investigators described as an acquaintance of Boberg inside her vehicle, said Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Shawn Chipman.
The man was suffering from possible frostbite and told the deputy he believed Boberg needed help, Chipman said.
Boberg's body was discovered lying on the ground about 200 yards away from her Jeep. Investigators consider the death to be "suspicious in nature," but there was no obvious cause of death, said Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Tom Hodgson.
The man was hospitalized overnight Thursday for observation. Investigators were calling him a witness in the case Thursday evening.
"That could change in the future, but right now we're calling him a witness," Chipman said.
Investigators also located alcohol at the scene, which they say may have been a factor in Boberg's death.
"From what we can tell right now, it appears only two people were up here," Chipman said. "It sounds like they came camping up here last night, and we're trying to figure out what happened at that point to this morning when we found her."
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Utah County Sheriff's Office at 801-851-4010.
Contributing: Sam Penrod
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own paths...
- Woman shot in Millcreek attack moved to...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Day of Dignity a compassionate gift from...
- Box Elder County jail inmate dies after being...
- Sen. Mike Lee 'flattered' but not interested...
- Alleged distracted driver narrowly misses...
- Senator makes good on wager from BYU-Nebraska...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 70
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 69
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 39
- Utah's plan for Medicaid expansion is... 29
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't... 15
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor... 14
- Inmate charged with sending threatening... 13