2 Ogden children killed in Spanish Fork Canyon crash
SPANISH FORK — A teenage girl and her younger brother were killed Thursday in a crash in Spanish Fork Canyon.
Katherine Marcus, 16, and Taylor Marcus, 12, of Ogden, were pronounced dead at the scene Thursday after their Nissan Maxima was T-boned by a Jeep near Thistle Junction on U.S. 6. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Jeep was travelling east on U.S. 6 about 1 p.m. when the Nissan reportedly pulled out in front of it from the north near milepost 187, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The occupants in the Jeep were taken to an area hospital as a precaution but did not sustain serious injuries, UHP reported.
The accident caused some traffic delays as medical crews and investigators responded.
— McKenzie Romero
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10