2 Ogden children killed in Spanish Fork Canyon crash
SPANISH FORK — A teenage girl and her younger brother were killed Thursday in a crash in Spanish Fork Canyon.
Katherine Marcus, 16, and Taylor Marcus, 12, of Ogden, were pronounced dead at the scene Thursday after their Nissan Maxima was T-boned by a Jeep near Thistle Junction on U.S. 6. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Jeep was travelling east on U.S. 6 about 1 p.m. when the Nissan reportedly pulled out in front of it from the north near milepost 187, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The occupants in the Jeep were taken to an area hospital as a precaution but did not sustain serious injuries, UHP reported.
The accident caused some traffic delays as medical crews and investigators responded.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14