2 Ogden children killed in Spanish Fork Canyon crash
SPANISH FORK — A teenage girl and her younger brother were killed Thursday in a crash in Spanish Fork Canyon.
Katherine Marcus, 16, and Taylor Marcus, 12, of Ogden, were pronounced dead at the scene Thursday after their Nissan Maxima was T-boned by a Jeep near Thistle Junction on U.S. 6. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Jeep was travelling east on U.S. 6 about 1 p.m. when the Nissan reportedly pulled out in front of it from the north near milepost 187, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The occupants in the Jeep were taken to an area hospital as a precaution but did not sustain serious injuries, UHP reported.
The accident caused some traffic delays as medical crews and investigators responded.
— McKenzie Romero
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 'To this day, I don't believe I did it': War...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 153
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 56
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 44
- Police release names of officers... 30
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 27
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18