2 Ogden children killed in Spanish Fork Canyon crash
SPANISH FORK — A teenage girl and her younger brother were killed Thursday in a crash in Spanish Fork Canyon.
Katherine Marcus, 16, and Taylor Marcus, 12, of Ogden, were pronounced dead at the scene Thursday after their Nissan Maxima was T-boned by a Jeep near Thistle Junction on U.S. 6. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Jeep was travelling east on U.S. 6 about 1 p.m. when the Nissan reportedly pulled out in front of it from the north near milepost 187, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The occupants in the Jeep were taken to an area hospital as a precaution but did not sustain serious injuries, UHP reported.
The accident caused some traffic delays as medical crews and investigators responded.
— McKenzie Romero
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Man arrested in Mt. Olympus homicide...
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24