2 Ogden children killed in Spanish Fork Canyon crash
SPANISH FORK — A teenage girl and her younger brother were killed Thursday in a crash in Spanish Fork Canyon.
Katherine Marcus, 16, and Taylor Marcus, 12, of Ogden, were pronounced dead at the scene Thursday after their Nissan Maxima was T-boned by a Jeep near Thistle Junction on U.S. 6. Both were wearing seat belts.
The Jeep was travelling east on U.S. 6 about 1 p.m. when the Nissan reportedly pulled out in front of it from the north near milepost 187, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The occupants in the Jeep were taken to an area hospital as a precaution but did not sustain serious injuries, UHP reported.
The accident caused some traffic delays as medical crews and investigators responded.
— McKenzie Romero
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14