MURRAY — A Murray City School District teacher has received a statewide award for special education.
Myrlene Buck, a special education teacher at Horizon Elementary, was recently awarded the Utah Council for Exceptional Children Joanne Gilles Teacher of the Year award.
Buck will go on to be the state nominee for the 2015 International Council for Exceptional Children Clarissa Hug Teacher of the Year Award.
Two other teachers in the Murray District have received the award: Shelley Kiefer in 2007 and Kelli Kercher in 2002.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9