MURRAY — A Murray City School District teacher has received a statewide award for special education.
Myrlene Buck, a special education teacher at Horizon Elementary, was recently awarded the Utah Council for Exceptional Children Joanne Gilles Teacher of the Year award.
Buck will go on to be the state nominee for the 2015 International Council for Exceptional Children Clarissa Hug Teacher of the Year Award.
Two other teachers in the Murray District have received the award: Shelley Kiefer in 2007 and Kelli Kercher in 2002.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12