MURRAY — A Murray City School District teacher has received a statewide award for special education.
Myrlene Buck, a special education teacher at Horizon Elementary, was recently awarded the Utah Council for Exceptional Children Joanne Gilles Teacher of the Year award.
Buck will go on to be the state nominee for the 2015 International Council for Exceptional Children Clarissa Hug Teacher of the Year Award.
Two other teachers in the Murray District have received the award: Shelley Kiefer in 2007 and Kelli Kercher in 2002.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8