MURRAY — A Murray City School District teacher has received a statewide award for special education.
Myrlene Buck, a special education teacher at Horizon Elementary, was recently awarded the Utah Council for Exceptional Children Joanne Gilles Teacher of the Year award.
Buck will go on to be the state nominee for the 2015 International Council for Exceptional Children Clarissa Hug Teacher of the Year Award.
Two other teachers in the Murray District have received the award: Shelley Kiefer in 2007 and Kelli Kercher in 2002.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15