MURRAY — A Murray City School District teacher has received a statewide award for special education.
Myrlene Buck, a special education teacher at Horizon Elementary, was recently awarded the Utah Council for Exceptional Children Joanne Gilles Teacher of the Year award.
Buck will go on to be the state nominee for the 2015 International Council for Exceptional Children Clarissa Hug Teacher of the Year Award.
Two other teachers in the Murray District have received the award: Shelley Kiefer in 2007 and Kelli Kercher in 2002.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 35
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15